Thursday 4 September 2014

How and Why to Join Twitter

Do you want to start a Twitter account? You really should!

Twitter is the new PD. Every educator can connect with educators from all over the world and extend their learning, personalize it and learn professionally anytime and any place. I cannot encourage you highly enough to take some time to figure out Twitter.

Here is a step-by-step tutorial from wikiHow on how to start your account.

I'll be tweeting throughout our course, using the hashtag #L2L4L (Bringing Language to Life for Life). Please feel free to do the same. Using a hashtag helps to organize the enormous volume of tweets that make their way into the world every moment of the day. Some of your classmates in PED1140A have already been experimenting with Twitter. Feel free to check them out on our class Twitter list. 

If you join Twitter, let me know! Just tweet at me using my username @misspollock in your tweet and I'll add you to our class list!

UPDATE (Sept, 6th, 2014): Still looking for more of an explanation of Twitter? Check out David Truss' blog post.

1 comment: